Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2007 08:50:10 -0500
John,

It's been a few years since I've used this Russian software, but unless
things have changed  in recent years, CW Get is the receive program and CW
Type is  for transmitting.  I'm using  a small interface built into a db-9
shell that connects to the serial port  on the pc and runs to the key jack
of the Kenwood .   Rig in cw and vox depressed keys the rig.   It has worked
with cw type, the cw keyboard built into the xmlog  free logging software,
and also writelog contesting software.

Got the interface  over the internet  several  years ago.  I think you have
a Rigblaster, be sure it can handle cw keying.   Not all do.  I have one of
the original ones that does not support cw keying via the key jack.   There
are some programs that  do cw by  ssb tone through the mic jack.  I think
Hamscope is one of these programs, but not sure that is the way I would want
to go.

As for why anyone would  want computer generated cw, listen to the bands
this weekend during cq ww cw.  Lots of computer  sent cw going on.

73, Steve KW3A