From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:15:21 -0400
Hi everyone, I just  found out today that Radio Shack has come out with a
new trunking scanner, the PSR-500.  You can find more info on this at
http://www.radioreference.com under the wiki section of the page.I'm just
wondering if anyone has  gotten one yet, and if so how user friendly is
it?  The software for it is made by the same person who made the
programming software for the Pro-96 and with his track record that
software didn't work well with JAWS and I would assume the case would be
the same with this unit as well.What I'm looking for is something that is
not only user friendly, but something that handles CQPSK P-25 modulation,
which is a special type used for simulcast P-25 systems.