ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Teri Van Pelt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2007 02:33:28 -0500
Hello and Greetings to all!
        Want to first of all wish everyone a blessed Christmas season and
an up coming New Year.
        This little note comes with both prayer needs and Praised for all
He is doing in my life.  Please feel free as you read and pray to email
me or post on  list any Words or scriptures or encouragements the
Lord may give you.  I need descernment and confirmation as to what
He has laid on my heart.
       Dec 14th I received a Word from Marsha Burns Ministry that stirred
my heart it said,
 I am calling to an entire generation to rise above the limitations
established by past failures and disappointments.  Haven't I said that
old ceilings will become new floors?  Haven't I called you to a new
spiritual plateau?  I have made a way for you to come up, but you must
cooperate by leaving the past behind and pressing on.  Put forth the
effort required to be aware of the enemy's tactics against you and
exercise your will and faith to overcome.  I am the Author and Finisher
of your faith; yield to My power to bring you forth into new realms of
glory, says the Lord.  Philippians 3:13-14 Brethren, I do not count
myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those
things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which
are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of
God in Christ Jesus.
Well, I began to see how I have allowed the disability to literally keep
me stuck for more than what perhaps my true limits are.  I began to
pray and feel the Lord is stirring in me to perhaps prepare to go to
Seminary or some type of schooling to be certified as a chaplain or
pastor.  I know some here may not agree here with women in ministry
and I do not want to begin a debate or theology.  I just know that I am
called and have been running from that call.
Last week I went to Ashland with a friend of mine to check out the
seminary there.  While there I worked on my story for a book that a
friend is working to publish.  I got to meet her face to face for the first
time.  I also had the awesome opportunity to minister to a friend with
DID. So any whooo any input would be helpful. Thanks, your sweet tee