ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cecily Ballenger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:29:30 -0700
Today's Bible Verse:

Rom 7:14 I can anticipate the response that is coming. (The Message)

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><

Today's Story:

Hugs from Heaven

"An honest answer is like a warm hug." (Prov 24:26 The Message)

We had been shop hopping and window-shopping throughout downtown Juneau. It
was pouring rain, we were all tired, and I was feeling a bit discouraged
because
just that morning I had been the cause of my family not being able to meet
their goal of climbing to the top of Mount Roberts.

In addition we were feeling rather out of place. Many of the stores we
visited were asking astronomical prices for their artwork and jewellery.
Definitely
for the rich! Then came the final blow: I found a beautiful black cross in
one of these stores. Now, I have been interested in wearing a cross around
my
neck ever since one of our subscribers from Texas sent us beautiful
necklaces, handmade by her pastor. I had received many comments on that
particular
cross, and this had offered me many opportunities to share about the One who
made my life worth living for. As a result, I was immediately interested in
this particular piece.

Because I didn't see any gold or silver on the necklace, I assumed it would
be reasonably priced. Especially since there was a sign over the display
advertising
60% off! I approached the counter and asked about that cross.

"Very good choice, sir," responded the salesman as he removed the cross from
the display.

I took his comment as a bad omen. No one would answer in that way for an
inexpensive item! As he turned the cross over, I noticed that underneath it
was
made of pure gold. I knew that even at 60% off it would be way out of my
minor league, and sure enough, it was!

That's when I began cross hunting in earnest. I had seen some beautiful jade
carvings, and I could just visualize myself wearing a cross made out of
jade;
but though we went through several more stores, nothing was forthcoming.
Feeling soggy and discouraged, I uttered a small prayer out loud: "If only I
could
find a simple, jade cross! But Thy will, Lord, not mine."

As we entered the next boutique, a green Jade cross was immediately brought
to my attention at a price that would not deplete my pocketbook. I couldn't
help but notice the sweet sounds of Christian music emanating from the
stores' loudspeakers. It meant only one thing: The shopkeeper was a
Christian! The
Lord had granted my request. I could not help but thank Him profusely.

Later on, I asked God why my simple, unimpressive plea had been answered
while at other times my prayers seemed to go by unnoticed. The answer was
astounding:
"Consider it a hug from heaven."

At times when we need encouragement, expect these hugs from heaven. But like
anything in life, we need to take the time to really notice and savor them.
We are never alone in our quest. The One who loves us is always there for
us.

"I can anticipate the response that is coming." (Rom 7:14 The Message)

"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matt 28:20
NIV)

"God's love is meteoric, his loyalty astronomic, His purpose titanic, his
verdicts oceanic. Yet in his largeness nothing gets lost; Not a man, not a
mouse,
slips through the cracks. How exquisite your love, O God! How eager we are
to run under your wings, To eat our fill at the banquet you spread as you
fill
our tankards with Eden spring water. You're a fountain of cascading light,
and you open our eyes to light." (Ps 36:5-9 The Message)

Do you feel discouraged, broken down and emptied of strength? Come to Jesus
and welcome His embrace. It will fill you with courage and hope. He is
faithful!
Hallelujah!

Rob Chaffart

<>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <>< ><> <><

Provided by Answers2Prayer
http://www.answers2prayer.org
  To subscribe or unsubscribe go to:

http://www.answers2prayer.org/illustrator.html

Or send an email to:

and write as subject "subscribe".

Be aware that you will receive a confirmation message. Once you receive it,
please click on the link mentioned in the email.

Rob Chaffart

Dean Masters, owner of the Masters List

the Lord is my light and my salvation.
If he is yours, join us on the Masters List

This email was sent to: [log in to unmask]

Or send an email to: [log in to unmask]

http://www.topica.com/?p=TEXFOOTER