ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2007 23:30:17 -0600
Teri Lynn,

I'm sorry to hear but these editors, and even authors, get all bent out of
shape if what they are going to publish is read by anybody else and especial
via email or the internet in general.  I know from personal experience.  I'd
love to sell some of my writings/books/manuscripts but I don't want to wait
2 or 3 years before the book comes out.  So, it would be a miracle if
anything I have written got pusblished because these people make their
living selling our stuff and then really have a hissy fit if they think
there is a possibility they have lost a dollar because you let your material
be read by others.  Even the Christian publishing field has become so
corrupt that it is now a big money making industry of its own.  Makes me
sick to my stomach.  I worked real hard one year, it was a new year
resolution, to get something of mine published.  I came close a couple of
times, even getting Focus on the Family, that is, one of their employees not
only to read my manuscript but he called me on the freaking phone.  I still
can't believe it.  Unfortunately, he said he was turning my manuscript over
to the editor/publishing department for consideration and you can guess the
rest.  If it don't make somebody money, they don't publish it.  Mark it down
and remember where you heard it first.  I'd tell this editor/author, then
how did the Bible become the number one seller all these years?

Phil.