ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:19:15 -0600
Rhonda,

I'm sure there was, especially from things I hear about the years of
depression the United States experienced, and frankly, I'm sure there are
churches that still do such things today.  I heard of one I know who
literally did such things a few years ago.  Unfortunately, parachurch
ministries have siphoned so much money away from the local New Testament
church, it makes you cry to think about it.  I'm guessing but I have said
for years, you take the top 5 ministries in the United States, mostly TV
ministries, too, and take their offerings and put it back into local
churches and we'd probably have a good 10 billion dollars, with a B, doing
what the Only Commission says we should be doing.  I call it the Only
Commission instead of the Great Commission.  But then, I'm nobody famous so
what I have to say isn't likely to be heard any place that counts.

Phil.