ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2007 22:45:57 -0600
Flee, Then Follow

Devotional Passage: 2 Timothy 2:19-23.

Flee also youthful lusts; but follow righteousness, faith, charity,
peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.--2 Timothy 2:22.

"It never fails," Julia moaned. "Just let me drive by the doughnut
shop, and the neon sign will advertise that the latest batch is hot
and ready to be
consumed."

If Julia succumbs to the temptation to indulge, her resolve to have
only one will likely melt like glazed icing, and her recent
commitment to god to embrace
a healthy lifestyle will be broken. For Julia, going near the
doughnut shop is a setup that lead to sin in her life; therefore, she
must run from the temptation.

Paul cautioned Timothy to flee anything that would lead to sin and
pursue those things which would represent God's highest and best for
his life and ministry.

  Do you struggle with a particular temptation? Don't wrestle with
it; run from it! Then follow God's will to seek those things that
might lead you to be
of useful service for His kingdom.

Dear Heavenly Father, give me the Grace to flee from temptation, that
I might follow the path of righteousness for Your Name's Sake.