ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2007 21:06:25 -0700
Hi!

Just thought you might like to read this:

I was able to go back to Daybreak, starting yesterday. My head doesn't
always hurt, but when it does, I'd say it's been up to a level 3 on the
scale of 1-10, 10 being the worst. It's kind of like a headache, only
somewhat sharper, at the most. I haven't asked for pain pills since I've
been home, but I guess Blanca is giving them to me anyway. Maybe that's the
biggest reason why I don't always hurt. It has also hurt more when I open my
mouth wide to bite something thick, but i think that's healing too. the way
I've been eating those chocolate from the tree box that Dales' gave me, is
to put one in my mouth and lick it till it's melted down to the
cream-cheesey sort of center, then chew it down. Makes them last a bit
longer, huh?

As for dizziness, I'm able to walk without support, for the most part, but I
still have to be careful, and I still often hang onto things when they're
available. Now it's more like I'm being tilted one way or another.

I don't mind wearing the one-helmet ear muff very much, but I'll be glad
when I don't have to anymore! As for wearing only one hearing aid, it's not
too bad. I guess when you know that it has to be this way for awhile, you're
okay with it. But when something goes wrong with the other one,
unexpectedly, that it's more of a pain in the butt to go without it until
you get it fixed or get a loaner. I'm also able to communicate and use the
computer and phone more easily than I thought I might.

The fact that I chose to have the surgery during the Christmas Season makes
for interesting coincidences, (or God-Sent humor). Yesterday, for one thing,
My hair probably still looked yucky, as it hadn't yet been dry-shampooed
since the surgery. So I decided, of all things, to wear my Santa's hat that
I'd won last year when I sang Karaoke, along with my jingle bell that I've
been wearing every Christmas Time. Blanca shampooed my hear later that
evening.

For another, I had a counseling appointment that morning, and the walkway
toward the building was, or had been, slippery. Talk about having Vertigo on
snow and ice! I wanted to hang onto the driver's arm, that's for sure.

Stay tuned for more news!

I have something to share with you.  Please visit:

http://www.mypowermall.net/cgi-bin/pd/pd.cgi?showmpmcard=11941260560.55096435546875.card

Sharon