ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:49:36 -0600
Justification By Faith

(Romans 13-16).

Paul reminds the saints that since God has given gifts to every one
of us, we are to exercise them for His Glory and serve our fellow
persons in love. We are to respect our brother's and sister's
conscientious convictions, even if they differ from ours.

We are one body in Christ. This precludes our judging one another.
Didn't Jesus say, "Judge not?" Let the strong support the weak.

Paul reminded the church that Christians also have responsibilities
to the government. We are to obey the laws of the land, as they were
enacted for our  good. We have duties to the state and should not
rebel when taxed.

Although we are free in Christ, our freedom is a legacy to be
cherished and not a privilege to be abused.

Chapter 16 is warm with personal salutations. One wonders how Paul,
never  having been to Rome, knew so many living there. No doubt many
who had been  converted in cities where he had preached had gone to
Rome for government or  other business.

We are also reminded that early meetings of the church were held in
private  homes, not in chapels, just as many of our own congregations
were started in  cottage prayer meetings.

The closing benediction is warm with the Love of God and a sense of
His  Presence.