ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2007 22:13:13 -0600
Doris,

Well? That can be tricky unless  they've made the options more accessibel.
Here's what I do, and I'll assume you know Jaws pretty well which I believe
you do, and also assuming the screens and tabbing is the same... you might
have to do a bit of exploring if not but you are a sharp one and ought have
no trouble.

1. In the program press ALT O for Options menu
2. Arrow  to Preferences...
3. Now here's where it might  start to differ. In the preferences window
tab three times and you'll land in a tree view.
4. Arrow down until you hear "Default References. Mine lands on Bibles
right off on the first one as this is another level of a tree view.
5. Tab twice to the list box of Bibles available.

**Now you'll need to do a bit of blind navigating in a bit so this is what
I did.

6. If for instance you want the New American Standard Updated NASU as your
default Bible,  and the list of Bibles looks something like...

King James Version KJV
New King James NKJV
New American Standard Updated NASU
Phil Scovell's Version PSV Phil you're not suppose to be reading this
unless you have PC Study Bible haha

OK, anyway you see how the version you want is the third one down right?
You need to get your Jaws cursor on that third one, lock it with the INS
Right  mouse button key on the key pad. Then arrow up three times, unlock
it and it ought be up on top now. Basically you are dragging and dropping
using the Jaws mouse without hearing where you drop it. You can check to
see it stayed there after you drop it.

7. Save the change and exit.

Use this method for any other defaults you want to change.

Hope that works for you let me know.

Brad