ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2007 20:24:45 -0600
T. That is the way it works with copyrights/publishing. It is very much
likened to a patent. When applying for a patent, you have to disclose
anyone and I mean anyone who ever seen or heard you describe your idea.
With written info, it can be copied and tossed around especially with the
internet so the editor really has no option unless the publisher is OK with
the folks you've spread it around to. It sounds as though this editor is a
newbee herself and ought take partial responsibility too. She may not have
a choice but to decline your contribution, of course, if the original text
was changed enough, perhaps that might give all a way to continue but that
might not be feasible or even doable.

Brad