ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2007 19:38:14 -0500
GOD'S PROTECTION

1 Peter 5:9

But resist him [the devil], firm in your faith, knowing that the same
experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who
are in the world.

I cannot accept someone saying, "The devil made me do it." No, he
didn't make you do it; you did it. Somewhere along the line, you
chose to give the devil a foothold. He merely took advantage of the
opportunity you  gave him. You have all the resources and protection
you need to live a victorious life in Christ every day. If you're not
living it, it's your  choice. When you leave a door open for the
devil by not resisting temptation, accusation or deception, you are
vulnerable. And if you continue to allow him  access to your life, he
can gain a measure of control over you. You won't lose your
salvation, but you will lose your daily victory.

Many Christians today who cannot control their lives in some area
wallow in self-blame instead of acting responsibly to solve
the  problem. They berate themselves and punish themselves for not
having the willpower to break a bad habit, when instead they
should  be resisting Satan in an area where he had obviously robbed
them of control. Anything bad which you seemingly cannot stop doing,
or anything good which you cannot make yourself do, could be an area
of demonic control.

God's protection from demonic attack is not something you can take
for granted irrespective of how you behave. This protection
is  conditional on your willingness to respond to God's provision. We
are told to put on Christ and make no provision for the
flesh  (Romans 13:14), to put on the armor of God and  to stand firm
(Ephesians 6:11), to submit to God and resist the devil (James 4:7).
If we irresponsibly ignore God's resources by failing to obey these
commands, how can we expect Him to protect us?

Prayer:

Thank You, Lord, for the clear direction and mighty weapons You have
provided for victory in spiritual warfare.