ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 08:29:09 -0600
What To Do With Demons

By Phil Scovell

     The memory had been cleared of all guilt and sin for several
years.  However, I noticed that each time the memory came to mind,
the lying spirit was still in the memory picture.  He was no
longer talking, of course, because he had been exposed and his
lies, of which there were many, were all eliminated.  Thus, the
memory no longer had feelings of guilt  as it had for literally
decades.

     We were on a family vacation.  The demon who had implanted a
number of lies into my life, was about the size of a small child.
He sat in the back window of the car with his arms and legs
crossed.  His face revealed an attitude of confidence, arrogance,
and total control over the situation.  He seemed happy in an evil
sort of way.  His demeanor spoke loudly that he wasn't planning
on going any where anytime soon.

     As I thought about the memory, I searched around in my
feelings to see if anything had been overlooked.  There was
nothing and the memory was just as it should be but the demon
hadn't left.  Then I remembered, when this memory was first
processed through prayer, he had never been told to leave.  I
said, "Lord, we didn't send him away when this memory was first
healed and that was years ago."  I was puzzled why the memory and
the demon continually returned to my thinking and what to do about
it.

     "You can get rid of him now," I heard the Lord say.

     I smiled.  I had never even thought of that.  I stopped what
I was doing and since I was alone, I prayed out loud.  "In the
name of the True Lord Jesus Christ, I call this lying spirit to
attention."  I laughed out loud.  The child sized demon
immediately snapped to attention, standing on the ledge of the
back window of the car, but now he was only the size of a small
doll.  He was fiercely struggling, too, as he stood there.  Then I
realized what was happening.  He couldn't leave because I hadn't
given him permission or instructions.  I've seen demons literally
walk away when a lie was exposed because the uncovering of the lie
made it impossible for them to stay.  I have also seen demons
attempt to remain, although silently, because they no longer have
a right to speak once the lies has been exposed and the truth of
God's voice has spoken.

     I smiled at his struggling and small size.  He was unable to
move, as if frozen, yet he was trying.  He wanted to turn and run
but I continued praying, binding any other lying spirits to him if
others had been working under his authority, and also binding
everything he had said against me that day or since.  His color
had been a slick inky black as he sat nonchalantly in the back
window with his legs crossed and hanging over the back seat.  Now,
as I continued praying, his color began to change into an ugly
purple, a brassy brown, and finally his face yellowed.  His body
structure began breaking down amorphously and he began losing
personal identity as I continued to pray.  By the time I finished,
his head was half way turned around but his body was still facing
forward.  When I gave the command for him to leave, he quickly
spun and ran right out the back window.  Now, when this memory
comes to mind, the demon is gone and the back window is empty.

     Do Christians really have authoritative ability to exercise
over demons?  If you have ever read anything I have written, or
heard me speak before, you know the verse I always use as home
base for what the Bible teaches.

"And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality
and power," (Colossians 2:10).

     This is in no way a complicated passage of Scripture to
understand.  If you are unaware of the joint authority you have
with the risen Christ, then fear will never be far from your mind
regardless of how many Bible verses you have memorized, regardless
what church you attend, and regardless of where you went to Bible
college.  You cannot resist the Enemy, James 4:7, if you believe
the lie that you have no Enemy opposing you.

It Sounds Like God To Me.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com