ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vinny Samarco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2007 05:29:18 -0700
Hi Everyone,
    I have been in the process of preparing to play for a wedding where we
will be using mostly hymns.  Below is the blurb about this site as well as
the link.
    I can't figure out why some of the text of the home page is written in
strange sounding english.  Maybe it is letters with graphical immages next
to them.  Anyway, here is a good index, and many ways to search for what you
might need.

Vinny Samarco

CyberHymnal - over 4,800 Christian hymns and gospel songs
A resource of astonishing depth, this site collects over 4,800 Christian
hymns and
gospel songs, representing many denominations and traditions. You'll get
goodies
such as words and music here (and the music in both scored and MIDI forms -
listenable
MIDI, even!) along with a bit of history for each song as available. If you're
looking
for something specific you can search by topic or even tempo. Most of the
songs here
are in the public domain, but a special salute is due those artists of faith
who
have allowed the site proprietors to include their copyrighted work.

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/