ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chipmunks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2007 10:44:39 +0200
Thanks for the clarification. I did not follow all of this thread in
great detail and missed the original Harry Potter reference.

I know that Christians are split up over whether or not to read these
books. IMO there is way too much comotion made over the issue though.
They are fantasy novels, modern day fairy tales, and, like with
anything else they consume, i think youngsters should notconsume them
without their parents' knowledge and with younger children, guidance.
I do not think, however, that there is any greater significance to
them - nor any hidden deeper mesage for Christians or anyone else -
beyond them being a phenomenon as to their success and getting the
computer generation of kids back into reading hardcopy books.

As I did not see or do not remember the original post, i do not know
what was said. I just don't think a series of novels would impact
history beyond maybe a note towards its success and popularity. I do
not think anyone misses out on anything by not reading the book but
then it might be a fun way to spend a sleepless night. <g.

I hope you get the rest you need and continue to pray for your health.

love and hugs,

Doris

At 04:20 AM 7/23/2007 -0400, you wrote:

>Well, here is the explanation.
>
>I was rambling.  My mind went back to a reference earlier on the
>list where somebody said they also felt that the big love affair the
>U.S. and the U.K. had been having with the Harry Potter books may
>have provoked God's judgement to try to once again catch the
>attention of a wayward world.
>
>The hurrendous rains may,  and I do say may, be storms of adveristy
>allowed to happen by God in the great scheme of things to call us back to Him.
>
>As far as my lack of sleep, I said perhaps I should be praying which
>led to the rains which led to the though about the harry potter books.
>
>If somebody can shed some light on the fact that this dude who wrote
>all these books is a believer and there is some kind of embeded
>symbolism that we believers are to pick up, I have reserved the rite
>to not read them.
>

>April Stahl
>EVERYBODY WINS!
>PLEASE VISIT MY POWER MALL AT:
><http://www.mypowermall.com/Biz/Home/5170>http://www.mypowermall.com/Biz/Home/5170

>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>7/20/2007 4:39 PM

"Pray, pray, pray!" - Pray without ceasing. (1 Th 5:17)