From:
Christina Carbone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christina Carbone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 13:38:15 -0500

I would like to thank everyone for their responses regarding my depressed
son. We had him tested and the blood tests came back inconclusive…..of
courseJ . We will look into further testing, but in the meantime we have
taken him off gluten. He has now been gluten free for almost two weeks and
can already feel a difference. He has more energy, less lethargic and his
moods have improved. He and everyone around him see a difference and it is
wonderful. His psychiatrist is very open minded and was quite versed in
"celiac" and has agreed to reevaluate his diagnosis in three months after
being gluten free. Our hope is that when he leaves for college in August he
will be off all meds.

So many of you gave great advice and told stories of you or your own
children going through something similar. It's nice that we are not alone in
this and there is hope. We are also very open to the thought that he may be
bipolar and are going to discontinue his therapy and medications right away.
I think he may also be having a problem with dairy, so his diet has really
changed radically. He is mourning the loss of food and we all know what that
is like.

Thank you so much for all your advice and I will post again in three months.

Christina in Lake Mary, Fl.