ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2008 08:17:49 -0600
Sharon,

Sounds to me like he is well on his way of a nice recovery. I'm sure his
throat is just swollen from the op and so when that goes down things wil
improve even more. Thanks for the update.

Brad
quickly
At 08:57 PM 1/27/2008, you wrote:
>Hi again, folks!
>
>I went to see Dad today.  I'd been told that he can get up and walk around
>and talk, though his voice doesn't sound normal.  Although he's still
>slowly recovering, things looked worse to me than what I'd pictured.  He's
>on oxygen, and that's been lowered even as I was there.  He still has to
>suction out his throat too, though my sister did say he's using it less
>than he used to.  He been sleeping a lot, at least today, and he isn't up
>to doing much.  He said a couple of things to me, and he sounded a lot
>like himself, though somewhat deeper in pitch.  He asked me how my hearing
>was doing.  the funny/exciting thing is that I understood him but my mom
>did not!  He apparently still prefers to write than talk sometimes.
>
>As we gathered around him to pray before most of us left for home, Dad and
>I held fingers, with a tube between us.  the praying was interrupted by
>the beep-beep-beep of what I thought was the alarm signaling that he
>wasn't getting enough oxygen.  At first I thought maybe Mom was telling me
>it was my turn to pray, but now I realize that maybe she was telling me to
>let go of Dad's fingers and the tube.  We stepped back, and, after a
>moment, the beeping stopped.  Judy reassured us that things were okay, so
>we went back to pray, this time being more careful with Dad's
>hand.  Apparently the device that clasps his finger had gone off kilter.
>
>Anyway, the doctor should be checking him tomorrow, and maybe he can go
>home, but he does get discouraged.  Please continue to pray that time will
>fly! :)
>
>Thank you all!
>
>Sharon

Warm regards,

Brad Dunse

http://www.braddunsemusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/braddunse

Listen to some sample tunes off  the site, join the newsletter for an
occasional update and performance date notices. Leave feedback  in the
guestbook/feedback area... it is always   helpful to hear from you.