ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 20:59:42 -0600
Hi all!

Today I went to the Elks Hearing and balance, the office in Nampa, Idaho.
They did what they call E N G (I think the letters should be together in
print, but for the sake of screen readers, I space them.)

First, i had to have an 8-hour fast.  The doctor placed electrodes at about
the temples, in the center of my forehead, and under my right eye.  He tried
to get a recording on what my eyes were doing, as well as telling me to open
or close, and turn my eyeballs left and right, which is sort of hard for me
to do, as I don't have much feedback and never really used my eyes
regularly.  He also tried to track my eyes without my conscious
participation, carrying on conversations with me so that my mind was
somewhat distracted.  Later he worked with my ears.  for each ear, he
sprayed in pressured streams of cold water for 30 seconds, then did
something else, I didn't get quite what, so that it lasted about 2 minutes,
while I prattled away, telling stories, reciting poems, etc.  Then he did
the same with rather hot water.  the interesting thing is, when he played
with my right ear, I felt dizzy, as he said I might, and especially when he
used hot water.  but in the left, I didn't feel as much.

I find it interesting that they canceled these tests, when I went through
the process 2 or 3 years ago, but they wanted to try it now.

Sharon