From:
Bob Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2006 19:06:52 -0500
Hi Andrew,
I run a similar system to yours but with WinXP. I have had two NEC drives in it, a 2500 and a 3500 series. I think they are top notch. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see how much RAM memory your system has. I'm just thinking it may affect large jobs. I only have 512MB in that computer and burn DVD's & CD's with ease.  To troubleshoot and eliminate the heat issue, you could temporarily open the case and aim a large room fan in there. If it still shut down, that would probably eliminate the heat issue. If you're concerned about peripherals overloading your system, disconnect them and see if that helps. Good luck.