C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:41:01 -0700
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.zazzle.c
very funny!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.zazzle.com/TamarMag*
Tamar Mag Raine
www.cafepress.com/tamarmag
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

----- Original Message ----
From: Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 7:26:58 PM
Subject: Re: Joke for Janet

Here's another related story...that would be a joke if it wasn't
really true.

My dad was an only child.  One day his mom had just returned from the
store with a brown paper bag.  He asked what was in the bag?  Well,
his mom had purchased "feminine napkins" but didn't want to tell her
young son what they were so she said, "Cornflakes" seeing as my dad
didn't like cornflakes so would be unlikely to want to go digging in
the bag.  He accepted her answer and went on playing.  For YEARS she
always called pads "cornflakes" and it wasn't until my dad was old
enough to know better what she was really talkign about.  Of course
the story was told to me as a young girl and my mom and I would
always say we needed to buy "cornflakes" while we were out shopping
if we really needed pads.  And I guess I am continuing the
"tradition" because I now say that to my husband and friends too.
Needless to say, we rarely really do buy the cereal because it just
brings to mind the other item!

Linda