From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2007 14:17:47 -0500
Hi.

That attitude from Sevierville is why I've stopped even looking at Ten
Tec's product line.  There are other companies out there with a better
attitude than that and there is where I'll spend my money.  When I replace
my old QRP rig (a Ten Tec Argonaut 509 from the days when their stuff was
still accessible), I'll probably look at either a K2 or a K3 to replace it.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 02:12 PM 11/22/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>On Nov 22, 2007, at 2:02 PM, Anthony Vece wrote:
>
> > Hi Eric;
> >
> > I wouldn't even consider Yaesu.
> >
> > There radios are not accessible and they have no intentions of
> > making them
> > accessible.
>
>I'm not so sure about that. At least the new FT-450 claims to have
>speech that reads freq/mode/S-meter, or something. Whether this is a
>trend or a token remains to be seen.
>
>BTW, Eric, if you wanna talk about companies who don't make accessible
>radios, Ten-Tec is right up there these days, unfortunately, Way back
>when the Argonaut V first came out, I enquired about its accessibility
>and was given what we call in the biz "the royal brush-off". Sorry, a
>computer isn't a good answer unless you don't mind being leashed to
>one. whether you're using it or not.
>

>--
>11/22/2007 6:55 PM

Louis Kim Kline