From:
Kenneth Whyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2008 14:21:53 -0700
That machine is well within the specs for WinXP. It may be a bit
sluggish compared with a Pentium 4 or newer, but the rest of the machine
is more than adequate. I have built a WinXP machine from similar
components and had no issues. Just be sure you get good drivers from
Compaq, and you should be fine.

Walter Ermacora wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm getting conflicting opinions on whether to install WIN XP Pro on a Pentium III machine or not.  I need a solid expert opinion on this matter.
>
> Specifications:  Compaq Deskpro EN; 733MHz; 384MB RAM; 120GB Hard Drive; ATI
>                  All-In-Wonder 128 16MB Video Card; WIN 2000 Pro.
>
> The computer is mainly used for 2D & 3D design.  I used the XP upgrade tool from Microsoft's website and everything checked fine with no incompatibilities or problems.  My main concern is if XP Pro will slow down my computer considerably or not?  Is XP Pro better served if installed on a Pentium IV machine vs. Pentium III?
>
> Signed,
> Confused ;(

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com