Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:39:24 EDT

Howard,
 I use the same monitor but haven't had your problem or know what  would
cause it, however, I'm curious, if you change the screen resolution does  the dead
area remain at the same place and dimensions? This may tell if it's a
monitor or computer problem. I'm just guessing here but hopefully others will  have
more helpful input.

Phil Williams

In a message dated 6/23/2008 3:47:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Monitor  is a Sony model SDM-s71
Running win 2000 SP4

I have an area (3/4"  vertical and 2" horizontal) in the upper left corner
of the screen where  mouse click does not register. It happened today with
no known  reason.

If I pull a screen away from that corner, clicks on File, Edit,  etc., do
work, but with full screen nothing happens.

Icons on the  desktop in that corner are un-usable.

Howard Papke -  [log in to unmask]

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml