From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2007 18:06:13 -0500
I would never touch a yaesu either. I'd think this is just another 1 off for
them with the 450, like the 847 but the menus for them are still something
even sighted people have problems with. I see them forsale all the time for
that reason.
I like having computer control for the occasional remote control use, but
I'd hate to have to depend on that. If I'm on backup power, no computer but
my radio desk has backup power to run the better part of a day, full tilt.
Never know when I might get a new radio and want to use the old one at a
field day site, computer control doesn't work out there either. I guess it
depends on what you want to do, I just know me personally I'd rather a
Kenwood or icom radio that I can run all of from the front panel.