From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2007 10:34:01 -0500
On Nov 22, 2007, at 9:47 AM, Jerry Neufeld wrote:

> Actually, at present, the only means of getting read-out from the K3
> is =
> by means of an external box that does read out many things,
> including =
> much of the display, but only in CW. I use this CW read-out with my
> K2. =

The info available from the KRC2-AC for the K2 is more complete than
anything I've seen on anything else, with the possible exception of
the KX1 (also Elecraft). Are you quite sure that the KRC2-ACC will
provide this same info on the K3? My impression was that it's a
different beast altogether.

> While I like it very much, I do think Elcraft could easily have
> managed =
> to incorporate at least the CW feature in their K3 rather than
> obliging =
> us to purchase and carry around the external gear, especially since
> they =
> claim to have lots of room in ROM for extra features. Having spoken =
> lengthily with them about this, they seem disinclined to worry about
> a =
> market that, according to them, is very small.

To be fair, the market *is* very small. No less important for its
size, but that's the reality. Having said that, your experience with
Elecraft's attitude towards accessibility is much different from mine.
If, in fact, they seem disinclined to work on accessibility (which I
find hard to believe), this is a recent shift in attitude.

Buddy, KB5ELV