Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 00:10:56 -0400
Hi Guys,
 Well, I always wanted one of those rigs but I had an older brother or maybe
I should say an uncle to the TR 7950.  It was the TR 7600.  I think it was
the last 10 watt rig that Kenwood ever built.

 Once I got caught.  I had jammed the mic between the radio and a tape
recorder at full power output.  I was laying on the bed talking to my wife.
The phone rang and when I answered it, the County's EC called me a turkey.
I got a certificate from The Turkey Group international for testing the
final
 amplifier stage of an amateur radio while talking in the background.  I
 received the certificate at a Christmas party and was laughing so hard that
people wasn't sure if I were laughing or crying.  It was great fun.  I used
the radio on packet in the late 90's.

 Walt
 WA4QXT
 New London CT