From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2007 22:53:43 -0400
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! I love my KX1! It fits perfectly in a
plastic baby wipe container. It's sensitive, the receiver is nice and
quiet, and absolutely every parameter can be output in morse.

The only thing you must keep in mind is, in order to use it, you have
to use it with high gain earbuds. In order to conserve battery power,
there is no amplified speaker built in. The advantage here is that it
only draws 34 milliamps or so on receive. I use mine with a set of
Koss The Plug earbuds.

The auto tuner is optimized for long wires for use with one of those
BNC-to-dual binding post adapters. Shortwave out of band receive
coverage is pretty decent, too.

I have run mine on six AA lithium batteries (those Energizer E2
batteries), and it runs for ages on a set of those! Also you can run
it off 12 volts for a full five watts.

Operation is very easy and straightforward.

I operate mine with a T-Ne-Key, which is a fairly nice paddle (for the
price); less than $40. I have to look up where to get it, but it
weighs nothing.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV
Email: [log in to unmask] or phone 888-75-BUDDY