BLIND-DEV Archives

Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI

BLIND-DEV@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brendan McKeon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BLIND-DEV: Development of Adaptive Hardware & Software for the Blind/VI" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 08:34:21 +-100
Greetings all, and welcome to BLIND-DEV,

I'm currently building a list of "technical resources" for the
BLIND-DEV www pages (http://www.cs.tcd.ie/blind-dev/techres.html)
and am looking for relevant information.

If you have any information on any of the following topics, or can think
of anything else that may be of use to a developer of accessibility
realated software, please drop me an email. (You can either reply to me
at this address, or email the [log in to unmask]
address).

Remember that the emphasis in BLIND-DEV is on development, so knowing that
a company sells a particular product, for example, isn't likely to be of
too much interest. On the other hand, knowing that technical information
about programming that product is available from a certain ftp site is very
likely to be of interest. (Translated: If your company has an ftp site
with technical info in it, let us know!)

Pointers to "commercial" resources will also be accepted, although we would
like to see as many freely available resources as possible.

Note that we have some space available in out ftp archive, so if you
have a relevant resource (eg. documenetation, sample code, whatever)
but don't have a home for it, we'd be happy to give it one.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

    Text-to-speech devices, interfaces & APIs, for all platforms
    (SSIL, anyone?)

    Speech recognition - interfaces & APIs, for all platforms

    Braille Output devices, interfaces & APIs, for all platforms

    OSMs - are any available?

    Basically, anything that you think could be useful to a developer
    of accessability related software.

    Platform specific relevant programming techniques - how to trap
    graphics calls under windows or how to access the Linux console.
    Links to general programming resources also appreciated.

Also, if there are any topics you'd like to see covered on BLIND-DEV,
drop an email and we'll see what can be done.

Thanks,

Brendan (Co-owner of BLIND-DEV mailing list).

BLIND-DEV HyperArchive   http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/blind-dev.html
BLIND-DEV Home Page                            http://www.cs.tcd.ie/blind-dev
BLIND-DEV FTP Repository                        ftp://ftp.cs.tcd.ie/blind-dev