ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Reeva Parry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 19:56:57 -0500
The Holy Spirit: Our Teacher

John 14:26

Let's be honest--some parts of the Bible are hard to understand. Have
you ever read a section over and over again, trying to figure out
exactly what God is trying to say?

Fortunately, our heavenly Father has blessed believers with an
instructor. This teacher is the Holy Spirit, who lives within us and
serves as the bridge between our limited understanding and divine
omniscience. In John 14:26, Jesus tells the disciples that the Holy
Spirit "will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all
that I said to you." When we have  difficulty understanding a verse,
or are struggling to remember a biblical truth, the Holy Spirit can
guide us to the knowledge we are seeking.

What a blessing it is to have the Spirit of God Himself as an
instructor! No person is able to comprehend God's thoughts. But the
Holy Spirit--a  member of the triune Godhead--can lead us into the
knowledge we need to mature and successfully maneuver through the
Christian life.

God sends the Holy Spirit not only to help us understand, but also to
transform our lives. He wants to shape and mold us into Christlike
believers, so He reminds us of areas in our lives that need
forgiveness and shows us how to
deal with them.

Thankfully, God didn't design the Christian life to be a solo
journey. Every single believer has a close companion and instructor--the
Holy Spirit. As questions arise and seemingly insurmountable tasks
pile up, trust in Him to  provide answers and carry you through.