ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:31:03 -0600
My Mexican barber, he is about 70 years old, told me this  today.
He is a fine Christian man and plays the guitar on his  church
worship team.

     Three rabbis were studying some old manuscripts and
discovered  that a number of Mexican's Jews lives in a particular
part of  Mexico.  They wanted to check this out further so they
booked a  flight.

     Once after renting a car and driving for hundreds of miles,
then traveling by donkeys, and  eventually by foot, they arrived
wearily at the village which was uncovered in their  studies.

     Finding a small canteena that was open, they entered and when
the waiter  came over to give them water and to take their orders,
one of the rabbis said, "We are scholars, Rabbis, and in  our
recent studies, we have learned that many years ago, there were
established a considerable number of Mexicans Jews in this area.
Do  you know if there are any Mexican Jews here?"

     "No," he answered, "I have never heard of such a thing but I
shall ask the owner of this establishment.

     Returning a few moments later, he said, "No, I am sorry, we
have no Mexican Jews here."

     The men insisted there had to be because their manuscripts
were originals and they could not be wrong.

     "Well, I will go ask the cook.  Perhaps he will know."

     Moments later, the waiter returned.  "I am sorry but  the
cook he say, we have no Mexican Jews here in this place.  In
fact, he say, we have no orange juice, grape juice, tomato juice,
or any type of  Mexican juice at all in this place."