From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 10:44:10 -0500
Yeah, that's what I would  do for right now  with the snow and wx and all. A
single short standoff at the bottom would let  the line whip around in the
wind and   maybe contact the tower.   Ideally  you go up the tower and  put
in several standoffs.  Top, bottom  and  maybe 2 or 3 in between.  You don't
have to go nuts.  Of course, if the center of your antenna is  held up by a
pully / halyard setup to allow   easy raising and lowering   , then  a lot
of standoffs  would defeat the pourpose of the pully system.  In that case a
longer one at the bottom will serve the pourpose.
You could also drive a stake in the ground a few feet from the base of the
tower, attach the ladder line to the stake  with some rope, maybe with a
bungee cord  to give some strain protection in the wind.

73, Steve KW3A