From:
Gery Gaubert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:27:08 -0500
I posted some time ago that our local eoc was attempting to use ham
radio as one more way to communicate in an emergency situation.  We met
with some people from surrounding areas as well as our people again and
it seems to be happening.  I need to reccoment equipment and I will have
help from fellow hams in the area.  I was looking at the kenwood ts2000
as a base station with another radio for 2 meter and 440 for backup
radios.  I saw that the kenwood ts2000 comes as a model that can be
controlled with a computer.  How does jaws work with this setup?  Also,
if this isn't the way to go does the ts2000 offer speech for anything
else besides frequency?  I have the icom 751 at home and I am getting
used to the buttons on it but I don't think I will have the time
involved to get to know the radios that they decide to use.  I will try
to arrange some time to learn the equipment but speech for more than
frequency would be nice.