THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pauline Lathram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 08:45:48 -0400
There's something called a TRH stimulation test that is used to diagnose
hypothyroid when blood tests are normal.  It is mentioned in the Teitelbaum
book, and it is used by Dr. Lowe.  It is an older test I think and not that
much used.  Actually our endo likes either this test or one similar to it,
though he doesn't like T3 medication.  You may get resistance from your
doctor about this test.  I don't know.  Nobody in my family has had it.  But
if your hypothyroid symptoms seem bad, and your blood tests are normal, and
your temperatures are low, and your doctors refuse to prescribe meds because
your blood tests are normal, read the Teitelbaum book and there are some
references there about TRH stimulation tests being not normal when other
tests are normal.  Also look at the work by John Lowe on fibromyalgia.
 There's more information on that and how to get it on the Sapient Health
Network.  Good luck.  BL