ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandy Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2008 09:52:09 -0700
Kathy, to answer your questions, the spell check that you use with medical
transcription has medications/terms in it.  if you are typing privately you
can purchase such a program.  It will never be completely up to date because
of new technology and new drugs but it is a good baseline.  I look up a lot
of things on line and then the hospital where I work has a word list.  Also,
I have my own personal list (which people have offered to buy from me) that
I have kept through the years that is now in my computer as opposed to the
Braille cards.  You can also get on CD different specialties but I wouldn't
really know what specialty to get as I type such a large variety of
specialties.  Hope that answers your questions.  There is one service that
offers a medical terminology class called Medquist and they are also
interested in hiring blind people.  Hope this helps.

Sandy