From:
Brian McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2007 08:58:11 -0600
I learned, here, of a product called Migrate Easy that's free for 15 days...
I tested it (for free) on 25 hard drives before I licensed it. The drives
were lots of different makes and capacities... All totalled I've used it on
close to 100 drives without flaw.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/migrateeasy/

Good luck.

- Brian D. McCarthy

>From: [log in to unmask]
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: [PCBUILD] Hard Drive exchange
>Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 18:14:25 -0400
>
>Hi,
>I want to replace a hard drive from one machine to another. Both are XP
>machines, different brands, different ages. The one machine has a drive in
>it that I know is going to crash. The drive that works is in a machine with
>an older processor that barely runs XP, but the drive is newer. Can I put
>the newer drive in to replace the one in the machine with the crashing
>drive? Will the new drive recognize the new hardware and install the
>drivers? Or am I just asking for problems?
>Robert

>AOL now offers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free
>from AOL at AOL.com.
>
>               The NOSPIN Group is now offering Free PC Tech
>                      support at our newest website:

Former Police Officer Paul Gillespie’s TAKE BACK THE INTERNET tips and
tricks, watch the video now  http://safety.sympatico.msn.ca/