From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2007 06:44:23 -0700
Hi Jeff, I thought the Pro-96 handled cqpsk since dsp
version v1.2?  I subscribe to the Pro-96 yahoo group
and there are several
references to improved cqpsk support with dsp 1.3 vs
v1.2.

I agree that Don Starr's software is very hard to use
and I have mentioned it to him before, but I guess we
are stuck with it.  It
hasn't been a super big problem as I can easily use
the Win96 RadioReference import feature.  Also when I
moved to another state and
needed help programming the scanner for my new
location, I just posted to the pro-96 group and within
a few hours I received several
.P96 files from users living near me and with all the
banks programmed for my area.

I have been reading the PSR-500 rumor messages for a
few weeks and just downloaded the manual from the fcc
web site.  I searched the
manual for cqpsk and didn't find anything.  I plan on
dropping into RS today and see if they have the new
scanner yet.

73, Ken -N5SWR