From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 20:44:26 -0400
Hi John.

You are correct, although you wouldn't think of it is a mobile by today's
standards because it probably had as big a footprint as the
TS2000S.  However, you could either plug a 13.8 volt DC cord into it and
run it in a vehicle, or plug an AC cord into it and run it off wall
current.  As I commented earlier, 6 meters was not very popular in the
1970s because of TVI issues and Kenwood probably didn't make much off the
TS600S, which is probably why they didn't make anything for a few years in
the early 1980s.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK