From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2008 20:48:37 -0400
Hi, folks.

Well, I have an interesting dilemma with the memory programming for my two
TMV71A's, and I'll explain it as clearly as I can.

I have a combination of TMV7a's and TMV71A's here that both my xyl and I
use.  In the name of simplicity, I've decided to program the memories in all
of the radios so that the memory channel lists are all identical--starting
with memory 1, and going through whatever memory I need on each VFO.

To make a very long story short, I have managed to do this, but in doing so,
have discovered something interesting when comparing the TMV7A and TMV71A
memory lists.

Apparently, the TMV7a memories start with memory 1, so you get the nice
orienting beep when in memory 1 in that rig, which tells you you're at the
beginning of the memory list.

The TMV71A is different, though.  I sort of knew this, but didn't think of
it until I had configured all of the TMV71A software.  The TMV71A apparently
starts its memory list at 0, which is where the orienting beep is for the
beginning of the list.  Since my memory lists  now start at 1, I no longer
have the orienting beep at the beginning of the TMV71A memory list.

I really don't want to do the whole memory list over, so will probably just
have to live with the problem, although it might be good for others to know
about.

My only other thought would be to somehow manually insert memory 0 back into
the TMV71A, so I can get the orienting beep again.

Would anyone know if this is possible, and how to do it?

Again, this is not the end of the world, but it is a "live and learn" kind
of thing, and I'm still learning.  (grin)

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ