From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 May 2008 16:05:32 -0600
it appears that the th f6a will only xmit wide band on the regular VHF/UHF
bands.
I couldn't find a mod for anything below 137MHZ as far as being able to
transmit.
And what a pain in the but modification too.  Most HT's these days have a
couple diodes or jumpers that need to be removed and they are easy to get
at...this one isn't quite so easy.
but here's the link for the mod if your friend is still interested:

http://www.ham.dmz.ro/kenwood/th-f6-a-modifications-extended-transmit.php

The IC t90 HT has the two diodes under a peace of sticky paper in the
battery compartment...it doesn't get much easier then that.  And, it'll tx
on 220 as well after that mod.
73
Colin, V A6BKX