From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:06:02 -0500
The person I know in a hotel believe it or not, lives in a hotel room and
has a dipole, I forget if it's a G5RV or something else outside and he has
fun with an icom 718 in the corner of the room. He runs only actually about
30 watts but I don't know and neither does he, if full power would be a
problem there or not, probably not since his setup's similar to mine and I"m
good up to 100 watts. I can't blame you though, I'd like full power too. I'm
sure my day's coming before too overly long where I"ll have to probably find
an apartment but my only requirements are that it's not in a crime infested
neighborhood, I can have a dog, and I can have at least a wire antenna, if
all 3 of those aren't met, I won't go, simple as that. It looked a couple
months ago like I was headed that way but I'm staying here for right now
though I know I will have to move eventually. I'd rather put it off a little
longer.
Anyway, I'm pretty active on the bands, a lot more HF than anything else.