From:
Curtis Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Curtis Delzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:46:38 -0600
Hey guys, how important is this guy? This is a bit of trivia I picked up
about December 24.
My home town is Fessenden, North Dakota so ...
In 1906, Reginald A. Fessenden, a Canadian-born radio inventor,
broadcast the first musical program, accompanying on violin a female
singer's "O Holy Night," from Brant Rock, Mass. He discovered the
superheterodyne principle, the basis for all modern radio receivers.

Now where would we be without super heterodyne receivers? Let alone the
concept of transmitting using a crystal controlled oscillator and a variable
secondary frequency. That's what the Drake lines used, and a good reason
they were so stable.
They had crystals for bands of coverage of 500Khz per crystal, both
transmitting and receiving. :)

Curtis Delzer
W B 6 H E F
Fessenden, North Dakota; 58438-7300