From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:42:19 -0500
Brett,

To us, those things are intuitive, but imagine the reaction of someone from
the 18th century if we showed them a telephone.  I'll bet they'd be hard
pressed to use it even if they understood what it did.  On the other hand,
show one of your kids a clothes stick and see how long it takes him/her to
figure out what it's for and how to use it.  Incidentally, I probably
wouldn't know what one was if I hadn't made one in shop class.

Steve

Steve