From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2007 00:05:08 -0500
Tom,

I think they put that cover there to keep dust out of the radio.  Remember
that in a car, you might hide the radio under a seat, and if you aren't
using any of those jacks, you'd want to protect the radio from all the dust
and other detritis that might drift into it if it weren't covered.  On the
other hand, they could have used a simpler method such as little rubber
plugs for each of the jacks.

Steve