From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2007 08:09:35 -0500
A G5RV is already a compromise, if you can make it work, great. Most people
can make them work very well. Heck, mine is setup completely against the
instructions and people who see it ask me how I can get out as well as I do
with it, especially the guys that get on the HF NTS nets and have to use me
as a relay constantly because theirs that is setup right doesn't work as
well. Next time it breaks, I'm very curious to see what the cobra ultralite
will do there the same way. I was going to put them both up together but the
nasty weather set in before I could get the ultralite up and I'd say 1 or 2
more good wind storms, my quick fix on the G5VR is all done and I'll swap
the antennas out.