From:
"David R. Basden" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2007 15:11:54 -0800
I had a DX35 and a borrowed NC100 as my first setup.  I replaced the
DX35 with a Globe Scout 66 a year later.  I used surplus military
crystals reground to ham frequencies and sold for $1 each by Texas
crystals.  I also purchased one or two Peterson crystals for $3, but
that was too rich for me most of the time.  I still have the J38.  Do
you remember monitoring up to 20 khz (kcs then) either side of your
crystal controlled frequency after a CQ?  Fun.

73,

de W7OQ, Dave