From:
Ed Malmgren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2007 21:49:10 -0700
My first transmitter was a  Heath kit A T 1.  It ran about 25 watts as I
remember.  In about 1965 I loaned it to a fellow ham who needed something to
get on the air.  About 5 or 6 years ago I called him and ask, what ever
happened to that old rig.  He told me it was setting in his cabinet and was
just waiting for me to come and get it back so I went and got it and it is
setting here on a shelf in the shack.  I don't have any crystals  to see if
it works.  I guess they may be worth something now days also.  I'm not
interested in old gear myself, I like the new things hi. I think it was the
first transmitter kit from Heath.  Ed K7UC