From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:19:24 -0700
most of the radio shack and uniden scanners are easy to program and use from
a blind persons perspective.
I haven't gotten anything new since the bc245XLT, but that one and anything
of that erra were very hard to program with software, though I understand
some of the newer scanners can be programmed via the software using jaws.
Depending on what you are looking for also.
If you just need a conventional analogue, non-trunking scanner, they are a
sinch to program from the keypad, but the trunking scanners can get a bit
more tricky when you have to enter in trunking data and so on.
Still doable though, I can accomplish it on the bc245xlt.
I think most of the new bearcat and rad shack scanners can interface with
online frequency directories and automatically program the radio for your
area with all relevant freqs, which makes life allot easier.
73
Colin, V A6BKX