From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:20:55 -0500
a few inches separation is all you need and if it's just something small
like a window frame or something metal, usually if you twist the ladderline
right there, believe it or not sometimes it helps but for a short run as it
sounds like you have it would be a waste. I have LMR400 on my UHF/VHF. Hard
line was out of my budget but if I ever need a long run, that's what I'm
going with for sure.As long as the ladder line is a few inches off the legs
of the tower it will work out alright, and they make stand offs for just
that purpose. I think the wireman has them and I'm sure others do as well.