From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 08:51:38 -0500
Well, generally PSK signals are around 14.070, 7.070, and I guess there are
some on other bands but those 2 are the active ones, so I start from there
and note the tone and then tune around for similar tone though they're
usually close. Also, the stuff you read on the screen will start to make
sense when you tune to a frequency. You can just let the computer handle it
with the right and left arrows and not touch the frequency on the radio, the
signals are so narrow that on SSB, the radio can hear many frequencies, many
QSO's at once but I turned off the right and left arrow keys being used to
tune so I can go through the text better and I just turn the tuning dial.
Very small changes will put you from 1 qso to another, it's not that hard
though. If you can't hear the audio it's a little harder but it could be
worse. Due to my sometimes using it remote control, I have the interface
hooked up on a splitter with the external speaker. If the noise annoys you,
probably leaving the arrow keys as tuning is a good idea and just look for
the gibberish to stop and make sense as you tune through is the best option.