From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:46:56 -0400
I love my astron power supply, I have the rig runner and haven't touched
that power supply in almost 10 years since I got it other than 5 or 6 years
ago when I added the rig runner and power poles to all my equipment. That
thing runs 24/7, since my packet station is up that long and that works out
fine for me. It's funny though, icom has the same power supply listed for
the 7000 I believe as the other radios as does Kenwood with the 480 I think,
and they have molded cords you can't replace that I know of so there must be
an adapter out there or something, unless I'm mistaken. I know I had a
matching power supply for a kenwood radio once and you weren't going to
replace that cord to the radio, no way, no how. Not with out cutting it and
likely they don't expect you to do that so I'm kind of curious how they do
that unless I'm mistaken on that. I haven't really looked at the 2 radios
all that close since neither one interests me right now.